[MPlayer-users] Missing codec...

not disclosed n0td1scl0s3d at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:23:13 CET 2004

* I have already spent some time with the documentation and followed the
instructions *

For some films I get no sound and this message:

"Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451"

Following the documentation I need the quicktime codecs properly install
prior to configuring and compiling.  I did this when I installed mplayer and
just to be sure I have redone just now (see (A) and (B)  below).

So despite having the QT codecs in the "correct" place prior to building it
still doesn't fix the "no sound" problem.  Any suggestion (apart from RTFM)
- Are the codes incorrectly installed? what is missing? sensible quick
answers please.

Thanks SA

    (A)
    ls /usr/local/lib/codecs/
    extralite  qtextras        rp9codecs       win32codecs-lite

- Ignored:
    qt5dlls    rp8codecs       rp9win32codecs  xanimdlls
    qt6dlls    rp8win32codecs  win32codecs

    ls /usr/local/lib/codecs/qt*
    /usr/local/lib/codecs/qt5dlls:
    qtmlClient.dll           QuickTimeInternetExtras.qtx
QuickTime.qts.htcfg
    QuickTimeEssentials.qtx  QuickTime.qts

    /usr/local/lib/codecs/qt6dlls:
    qtmlClient.dll           QuickTimeInternetExtras.qtx
    QuickTimeEssentials.qtx  QuickTime.qts

    /usr/local/lib/codecs/qtextras:
    3ivX.qtx  BeHereiVideo.qtx  Indeo4.qtx  On2_VP3.qtx  ZyGoVideo.qtx
    Config files successfully generated by ./configure !

    (B)
      Install prefix: /usr/local
      Data directory: /usr/local/share/mplayer
      Config direct.: /usr/local/etc/mplayer

      Byte order: Little Endian
      Optimizing for: athlon-4 mmx mmx2 3dnow 3dnowex sse mtrr

      Languages:
        Messages/GUI: en
        Manual pages: en (no localization selected, use --language=all)

      Enabled optional drivers:
        Input: ftp network tv-v4l2 tv-v4l edl tv cdda mpdvdkit2 vcd
        Codecs: flac(internal) qtx divx5linux libavcodec real xanim
dshow/dmo
    win32 faad2(internal) libvorbis gif
        Audio output: esd arts oss sdl mpegpes(file)
        Video output: xvidix cvidix sdl vesa gif89a jpeg png mpegpes(file)
fbdev
    opengl dga xv x11 xover tga
      Disabled optional drivers:
        Input: tv-bsdbt848 live.com matroska dvdread smb
        Codecs: divx4linux xvid libdv libtheora libmad liblzo
        Audio output: sgi sun alsa dxr2 nas win32 macosx
        Video output: winvidix bl zr zr2 dxr3 dxr2 directx svga aa ggi xmga
mga
    xvmc directfb tdfx_vid tdfxfb 3dfx