[MPlayer-users] v4l driver

robot5x robot5x at badgerworld.org
Sun Jun 27 21:23:07 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I'm trying to get mplayer to work with my tv card as I want to do some
ripping with mencoder. I have it all set up with an entry under
/dev/v4l/video0 - it works fine with xawtv. Having set this up,
according to the mplayer docs I just need to recompile mplayer to
detect the /dev/v4l entry and kernel headers. However, when I try to
run something like:
[root at sigma7 MPlayer-1.0pre4]# mplayer -tv
driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:outfmt=i420 -vc rawi420 -vo xv tv://

I get the following error -
Playing tv://.
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    TV detected! ;-)
No such driver: v4l

I recompiled just to make sure with the following configure options -
--with-xvidlibdir=/usr/lib --with-xvidincdir=/usr/include \
         --enable-alsa --enable-tv-v4l --enable-tv-v4l2

But I still get the error message.
How can I enable this driver and get my tv card working?
Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Ciesze sie ze ty sie czieszesz