[MPlayer-users] Sample format big endian AC3 not yet supported

Renaud Desarzens rde_lists at desarzens.ch
Mon Jun 21 20:45:38 CEST 2004

> Concerning the option lines in my /etc/modules.conf:
>
> I agree with the first one. When loading the modules I get
> some message saying that "device_gid=29" and
> "device_mode=0660" are unknown options. I'll comment this
> line out and try if it changes something.

Ok, removed them... no joy, still same message from mplayer, no ac3 dolby
digital sound coming out of my spdif optical out.

> Maybe I'll pull out my Audigy2 sound card I have in another
> PC... just to see if something changes. It seems that others
> who changed to an SB live or
> Audigy2 solved the problem they had with intel8x0 on nforce2 based mb.

Tried it with my audigy2... no joy as well... :( Wanted to disable onboard
sound in bios but the only thing I found there was the AC97 option to be
enabled/disabled (I disabled it) and made sure I had intel8x0 commented out
in my /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf. Replaced it by emu10k1 in my
/etc/modules.conf. Module loaded well, no errors...

Jonas, does your ac3 dolby digital work? If yes, does your mplayer still
issue the message "Sample format big endian AC3 not yet supported"?

Do I have to compile mplayer-1.0pre4 and/or alsa-1.0.5a in a special way to
make ac3 work properly?

Thanks,
Renaud