[MPlayer-users] Sample format big endian AC3 not yet supported

Renaud Desarzens rde_lists at desarzens.ch
Mon Jun 21 08:43:14 CEST 2004

I already tried with exactly the same /etc/asound.conf and/or .asoundrc as
yours. Unfortunately it didn't help. The /etc/asound.conf I have comes from

http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-April/039304.html

But anyhow... I'll try again later. Maybe I did something wrong.

Concerning the option lines in my /etc/modules.conf:

I agree with the first one. When loading the modules I get some message
saying that "device_gid=29" and "device_mode=0660" are unknown options. I'll
comment this line out and try if it changes something.

The second one (options snd-pcm-oss adsp_map=2) maps /dev/adsp to device 2
(spdif). Within MythTV I then tell to use /dev/adsp as default device to
play sound. This way I get normal pcm stereo 48khz out of spdif working very
well for watching live TV and listen to MP3 files.

Maybe I'll pull out my Audigy2 sound card I have in another PC... just to
see if something changes. It seems that others who changed to an SB live or
Audigy2 solved the problem they had with intel8x0 on nforce2 based mb.

Renaud