[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS files still out of sync with mencoder (fixed!)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Jun 12 14:41:33 CEST 2004

> Yes and no. Yes it's in seconds, but that's not what it means. It's
> the maximum amount mencoder is allowed to compensate the error by per
> frame.

Hence my thinking that setting it to 10 would mean that it can correct
for up to 10 seconds of desync per frame - i.e. it would almost
instantly be back in sync.  Unfortunately it seems more like "let the
audio play for 10 seconds on the same frame of video, then go back in
sync."  No idea how it's really supposed to work, because it goes back
in sync immediately with a value of 0.01 - which you'd think means it
can only compensate by 0.01 seconds per frame (i.e. going back in sync
would take quite a few seconds) but it's instant with almost no video
frames dropped (at any rate it's not noticable.)  Oh well, it works a
treat now so I'm not complaining :-D

Cheers,
Adam.