[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS files still out of sync with mencoder (fixed!)

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 13 08:20:20 CEST 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:41:33 +1000
Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> Hence my thinking that setting it to 10 would mean that it can correct
> for up to 10 seconds of desync per frame - i.e. it would almost
> instantly be back in sync.

Yes, that's how it works.

> Unfortunately it seems more like "let the
> audio play for 10 seconds on the same frame of video, then go back in
> sync."

Sounds like you've got a case where mplayer is trying to find where in
the audio that frame should sync to, then gives up after 10 seconds when
it can't find it...

If you just play-back a file with -mc 10, you'll find that it does sync
back up almost instantly after it desyncs (either because of searching,
dropped frames, bad sound drivers, or whatever else).