[MPlayer-users] Short digress into A-V sync probem

ivanova flamingivanova at punkass.com
Thu Jun 10 11:25:15 CEST 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:52:45 +1000
"Adam Karkowski" <adz at acon.com.au> wrote:

> I've tried
> specifying the "-audio-delay X" option to no avail. It says that it's
> doing it but when I playback after encoding is finished the audio still
> lags by the same amount (the option seems to have no effect).

I don't know where you play back this file, but according to the docs:

-audio-delay <0.0-...>
              Sets the audio delay field in the header.  Default is 0.0, nega-
              tive values do not work.  This does not delay  the  audio  while
              encoding, but the player will see the default audio delay, spar-
              ing you the use of the -delay option.

So I would guess that this would only work on players supporting this "default audio delay"

BTW have you tried matroska - you can easily specify a delay then.