[MPlayer-users] RFC: docs update for "how to create a high quality DVD rip"

Hans du Plooy hdp at webmail.co.za
Wed Jun 9 23:24:48 CEST 2004

Missed this today:

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 17:16, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> No, the only thing relevant is that the units are bits per second.
> Regardless of anything else, the fact that there is no unit of pixels
> means that, given the bitrate (bits/second) and movie length (seconds)
> you have determined the size, and thus pixels are irrelevant.
Thank you for the explanation.  I honestly thought the dimensions of the
movie, i.e. how much content each frame contains, would impact the size -
dunno what I was confusing it with.  Maybe using vbr for the video stream
messed with my perception of how the filesize relate to the variables used.

> In the usage I'm familiar with, "I think not!" is a sarcastic remark
> one makes about something which is certainly wrong... If that's not
> the way you meant it, then once again we have a language barrier.
Sorry, "I don't think so" would have been more appropriate.  Translated
directly from my native tongue (afrikaans) although I should have known
better.

This thread got a little out of hand.  I apologise for my part in it.

Hans