[MPlayer-users] RFC: docs update for "how to create a high quality DVD rip"

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Wed Jun 9 20:02:14 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 10:53 -0700, rcooley wrote:
> Or, you could encode it to multi-channel Vorbis.  I'd say any reciever
> that can do 5.1 AC3 pass-through should be able to handle
> uncompressed 6-channel input.

AC3 pass-through is a function of the sound card, not the receiver.  Any
receiver with a digital input can receive an AC3 stream.  My receiver
has several digital inputs but not a separate, 6-channel input.

And my sound card definitely doesn't.  I expect the vast majority of
cards that have digital outputs don't have 6 outputs for each discrete
channel.  And even if it did, it'd be analog! :)

Jason.