[MPlayer-users] how to help improve libavcodec quality

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jun 3 23:13:58 CEST 2004

Hi

from time to time people complain that libavcodec looks worse then
xvid/divx/whatever, but almost never do people provide enough information to
reproduce or fix these issues, its the same as with other bugs, if we cant
reproduce it theres little hope that it will be fixed

so if u notice a case where libavcodec looks worse then another encoder
* please report it to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list
* upload the source video
* tell us the used command line options
* provide the better looking video from whatever encoder u used

if u skip any of this we cannot reproduce it, and theres little hope it will
be fixed

iam CCing this to diego as maybe he wants to add this or something similar
without spelling errors to the bugreporting docs :)

--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)