[MPlayer-users] Playing a Mode2 (XCD) CD with MPlayer (without a cue file?)

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 30 06:42:58 CEST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:27:41 -0600
Travis Poppe <tlp at LiquidX.org> wrote:

> audio and the file turned out to be 714mb total, not enough to fit on
> a regular CD.

Not really.  My CD-Recorder can overburn up to 720MB on a normal 700MB
CD, and I have yet to have problems playing it on any CD-ROM.

> So, I found the program 'mode2cdmaker' and compiled it with success.
> Created the required XCD images and burnt them successfully with
> cdrdao.

This isn't an AVI file is it?  You did convert it to Matroska or Ogm
before recording it in Mode2 didn't you? (or was it already a matroska
or ogm file?)

> So, how do I play it on my FreeBSD box with MPlayer?

It's recorded like a VCD.  With luck, mplayer should be able to play it
with just "mplayer vcd://1"