[MPlayer-users] Playing a Mode2 (XCD) CD with MPlayer (without a cue file?)

Travis Poppe tlp at LiquidX.org
Fri Jul 30 06:27:41 CEST 2004

OS: FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT

Hello,

I recently found a DivX movie (I believe it's DivX, anyway) with AC3
audio and the file turned out to be 714mb total, not enough to fit on a
regular CD.

(It is a two piece/CD DivX).

So, I found the program 'mode2cdmaker' and compiled it with success.
Created the required XCD images and burnt them successfully with cdrdao.

I even tested the discs on an Windows XP machine with the proper filters
installed to make sure they play. They appear to play fine, other than
the audio being missing (and I believe that's because the player I was
using didn't understand how to play back the AC3 stream).

So, how do I play it on my FreeBSD box with MPlayer?

I deleted image.* (bin,cue,toc) directly after burning the discs, and
all the examples I see posted in the archives want a cue file to play
XCD discs.

Is there any way to generate a cue file from the discs I have so I can
play them?

Thanks,

-Travis Poppe