[MPlayer-users] joining two VCDs

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Fri Jul 16 06:39:04 CEST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:15:09 +0100
Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> first I did:
>
> mencoder vcd:// -oac copy -ovc copy -o part1.avi
> <change disc>
> mencoder vcd:// -oac copy -ovc copy -o part2.avi
>
> cat part1.avi part2.avi > temp.avi

First off, why did you do it this way?  The stream on your VCD should be
in MPEG format already, so "cat"-ing those two together should work
without problems.  To copy the mpeg files, use a command like this:
  mplayer vcd:// -dumpstream-dumpfile part1.mpeg

> mencoder -idx temp.avi -o video.avi
>
> this works but I cant properly seek in the resulting file - I can seek
> fine up to about 70% through (the file is 1.6GB btw) and then no
> further, although the file will play through to the end.

This is probably because of the odml problems everyone has had with
1.0pre4.  Upgrade, and try again.  If you still have the problem after
upgrading, then try using "-noodml".