[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] VIA CLE266 MPEG2 decoding

J. Grant jg-lists at jguk.org
Thu Jul 1 01:14:30 CEST 2004

Hi,

> With respect to mplayer, my understanding is that the devs were
> approached by VIA over a year ago with an offer of specs, but in
> the end nothing happened (NDA problems?).

I am a "VIA licenced developer", they gave me the CLE266 source code
CLEXF40040-lite-src_03012004.zip.  Nearly all of the code is Free
Software,  I have put a copy of Free Software without the proprietary
files on my home page (http://jguk.org/data/CLE266_distro.tgz).  These
are the files I wiped because they were not Free Software (I only read
the licence at the top of each file, and not any of whatever was below):

via/include/
debug.h
viampg.h
VidInit.h
VidStruc.h
Vinline.h
vregCME.h

via/Share/Vidcme/
ovlCME.c
ovlfCME.c
ovlfCME.h
vagpCME.c
vdefCME.h
vfcmCME.c

If someone is interested in just re-coding this specific functionality
it would all be complete and Free!  Perhaps Ivor's could be integrated.

I have had brief email contact with Stefan Schutz, VIA Germany and Fiona
Gatt of VIA Arena, she is a "Web Media Liaison" at VIA.

Regards

JG