[MPlayer-users] Download RTSP streams with mplayer?

Malte Horst Arthur Skoruppa malte at countnumber.de
Wed Jan 28 01:19:04 CET 2004

Hi,

is it possible to download and save RTSP streams with mplayer?

I would like to be able to save them so as to have the movies later, if
I want to watch them again :-)

I found a program called rtspget that could save RTSP streams, but it
requires xine:
https://engineering.purdue.edu/people/christopher.n.deckard.1/Projects/RTSPget/HowTo

I don't really feel like building xine etc., and I thought "if xine can
do it, mplayer must be able to do it as well"... isn't it? ;-)

Well, I guess if noone knows if and how it's possible, I'll follow the
howto on that page... but it doesn't hurt to ask :-)

Bye,

Malte