[MPlayer-users] Playing an LPCM DVD

Christiaan Willemsen christiaan at deepspace9.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 26 22:53:45 CET 2004

Christiaan Willemsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with one of my DVD's: "David Gilmour in Concert"
>
> It contains a AC3 (DD) and an LPCM track. The LPCM track is suppost to
> be 24 bit (I think 48 kHz, but I'm not sure).
>
> Well... the thing just won't play in mplayer! AC3 is fine, but the LPCM
> track just gives me static. Mplayer also thinks is 16 bit, and not 24-bit.
>
> I tried forcing 24-bit with command line arguments, but I can't get it
> to work.
>
> Anyone an idea? I use mplayer 1.0-pre3 (and pre2). Don't be embaraced
> though, vlc and xine won't work either ;)

Well,

I just tested Acidrip. It used lsdvd for dvd information extraction. It
shows the audio track mplayer can't play is indeed 24 bit 48 kHz:

  Audio: 1, Language: en - English, Format: lpcm , Frequency: 48000,
Quantization: 24bit, Channels: 2, AP: 0, Content: Undefined

So, why is mplayer, xine and vlc wrong, and lsdvd right?

--
I fear the day when people call their pets names like "RISCie".