[MPlayer-users] mplayer -fs not full screen ?

Zurd zurd3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 12:07:40 CET 2004

Hi, this is my command I run to play video files :
sudo nice -n -20 mplayer -fs -nocache -vo xvidix video.avi

It's all good and running fine, the only thing bugging me is that the -fs is not really working.
I have to press the 'f' key for fullscreen, 2 times so that my video can be in real fullscreen.

When the video is first opened, I can only see about 80% of the video because the border have been
cropped/chopped.  It's really weird, then I press the 'f' key for the first time, now I can see
100% of the video but it's not in fullscreen, it's in the center of my screen in half the size of
my screen, so now I press the 'f' key again and it's in fullscreen and I can see everything.

For information I'm running a TV-OUT with my computer.  Any hint on how I can open a video so that
it can be in fullscreen without pressing the 'f' key 2 times ?!