[MPlayer-users] mplayer crashes with signal 11 in decode_video

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Jan 14 02:04:42 CET 2004

Julien Langer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I play a mpeg Video, mplayer often crashes with signal 11 in
> decode_video.
> This happens with 1.0pre1, pre2, pre3 and current cvs from today. 0.92
> however works fine.
> Also this only seems to happen when the system load is a bit higher.
> (for example when switching to another workspace or starting another
> program)
> Does anybody know something about this? Maybe it's a bug?

Are you saying this happens with all mpeg videos, or with only one
specific file?

If it's one file, then upload the video (as much as is necessary to
reproduce the problem) to ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming

If it happens regardless of source, or not in any specific place, I
would suspect you have a hardware problem. For some reason mplayer and
mencoder seem to be the first programs to crash when hardware isn't
working properly. Perhaps you've overclocked a tiny bit too much, or
need to make your CPU a little cooler.

-Corey