[MPlayer-users] win32 codecs

Vince Herried vherried at insight.rr.com
Fri Jan 9 23:09:15 CET 2004

are they usable on a windoz system?  win2000, win xp?

I have some friends who have not switched to linux and though they might be
able to make use of them....   A friend told me that win media player would
not play mp3 but if one installed winamp, then one might find that medai
player would then begin to handle mp3 because the winamp added the codecs.

so if one were to put then on a windoz system where would they go.
Would one need to make some registry udpates also?