[MPlayer-users] Problem ripping Audio from stream.

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Thu Jan 8 20:01:27 CET 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Nathan Morell wrote:

>     Anyway, I did try and use the stream.dump, or in your
> "transcode-users" list post, I tryed the

	I think it was over on the mjpeg-users list actually.

> mplayer -dumpfile output.wav -dumpaudio Aqua\ Teen\ Hunger\ Force\ -\
> The\ Cloning\ -\ Xavier.avi
>
> and then I tryed to get the left-over wav file:
>
> mp2enc -b 128 -o output.mp2 < output.wav
> **ERROR: [mp2enc] Input not a WAV file - starts not with "RIFF"
> **ERROR: [mp2enc] failure reading WAV file

	What does 'file' say ("file output.wav"), and what does mplayer
	say ("mplayer output.wav").   Alternatively dump the first few
	bytes ("od -cb output.wav") and see what that shows.

	Should have been a wav file (which is the default if -nowaveheader
	is left out).

	Steven Schultz