[MPlayer-users] Kiss DP players and GPL

Uwe Beutin uwe at imbrium.de
Thu Jan 8 11:23:34 CET 2004

Hello,

apart from the GPL violation of the KiSS players, has anyone heard
or read about any comment from KiSS technologies?!

I have just ordered one of these players (the DP-500) and after
having read the posts on the mplayer homepage I feel that I did
the wrong thing... I love mplayer!

I wanted to get a noise-free streaming client into my living room
and this was by far the cheapest type of hardware that I could
get.  I am now thinking about cancelling my order and setting up
my own machine albeit the fact that this would be more expensive.

Hints, tips or comments about this? Thanks for you suggestions,

	Uwe

--
The whole point of civilization is to reduce how much the average
person has to think!