[MPlayer-users] Thanks to MPlayer developers

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Wed Jan 7 03:44:25 CET 2004

  I just wanted to say thank you to all of the MPlayer developers for
  all the hard work and effort you put into it, and for an outstanding
  piece of software.

  Reading through this list, I get the impression that some would like
  to have MPlayer clean their house, walk the dog and create peace on
  earth while simultaneously fixing every broken file and/or protocol
  which some get-rich-quick outfit has cobbled together.

  Yes, MPlayer has a few bugs (*very* few, considering all it does), but
  I for one am grateful that I don't have to run a GUI (which I
  dislike), run M$'s latest bloated binary (the contents and behavior of
  which I have no control over), and essentially have my computer's
  resources taken over by junk software, all to watch a movie!

  MPlayer, to me, represents the very best of what the Linux world is
  supposed to be, and I repeat, thank you. It's greatly appreciated.

  Steve