[MPlayer-users] Walmart music download service & MPlayer

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Tue Jan 6 21:46:35 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:14:45AM +1000, R G Cottrell wrote:
>Has anybody had success using MPlayer to play .wma files downloaded
>from Walmart's music download service?
>If I force use of the wma9dmo codec, I get the following:

Okay, everybody together: "Don't truncate mplayer's output!"
See  http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html , particularly
the "What to report" section.

>Forced audio codec: wma9dmo
>Cannot find codec for audio format 0x161.
>Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

-ac wma9dmo does not handle audio format 0x161, only 0x162 and 0x163.
Check codecs.conf.  In the version of MPlayer I'm using (CVS 20031231),
format 0x161 is handled, with varying degrees of success, by the
following:

audiocodec wmadmo
  info "Windows Media Audio DMO"
  status working
  format 0x161

audiocodec divx
  info "DivX audio (WMA)"
  status working
  format 0x161

audiocodec ffwmav2
  info "DivX audio v2 (ffmpeg)"
  status untested
  format 0x161
--
Matthew W. Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com> "You shouldn't trust _any_
software. Software is _at best_ a faithful but bumbling zombie servant