[MPlayer-users] 3:2 pulldown

Martin Emrich martin at emmerator.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 6 09:56:52 CET 2004

Hi!

Am Di, den 06.01.2004 schrieb D Richard Felker III um 06:14:

> What you want to do is use the
> field-repeat flags (like most commercial movie dvds do) to "soft"
> telecine the movie, so that only 24 pictures per second are stored,
> and the player shows each for the correct duration to give 30 "frames"
> per second.
>
> Unfortunately, as far as I know mencoder can't do soft telecine. If
> you wait for mencoder-g2 it will work, but it won't exist for at least
> a month and might take much longer to become really usable. I would
> recommend just using a different program for this purpose, for the
> time being. :(

I currently have the same problem, an AVI at 23.976 fps which I want to
encode to PAL or NTSC framerate. Is there the possibility to use
mencoder to encode the video, and use some other tool to add these
"field-repeat flags" to the MPEG2 stream afterwards ? (just using -ofps
25 or -ofps 29.97 gives me audio desync).

Ciao

Martin