[MPlayer-users] suggestion

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Fri Jan 2 16:46:12 CET 2004

Le 01/02/2004 03:15 PM, Adam Nielsen a joliment écrit :
> Oh, you're using mencoder to *output* vdr files???  I use mencoder to output
> lavc-mpeg4 AVIs, then use avidemux2 to trim off the start of that AVI.

So do I.
But I don't need avidemux at all for that.

I do mplayer film.vdr -ss xx
where xx is a guess of the begining of the movie, I try several times to
find the beginning because vdr files are not compliant with ss option.

After that I encode the film.vdr into a film.avi with codec lavc-mpeg4
with the 2 pass method with -ss xx find before.

Then I open the film.avi with avidemux2 to find the exact ending frame.

Then I do :

mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy film.avi -o Film.avi -frames xxxxxx

But to extract a clip of a few seconds without bad stuff around, there
is only one way: have -ss option supporting frame option ;-)

Nicolas.

--
    Powered           .~.
    by Linux          /V\