[MPlayer-users] Sony Clie .MQV files

Daniel Kropveld D.Kropveld at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 1 21:16:08 CET 2004

I am trying to play a .MQV movie that was recorded with my Sony Clie (a
handheld).

The video plays ok, but no audio. This is what mplayer outputs:

Clip info:
 name: Movie by CLIE
 encoder: CLIE MovieRecoder 1.0
Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: Failed to initialize the decoder!
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6134706D.
Read DOCS/en/codecs.html!

But when I read those dos, it says:
"MPlayer includes libfaad 2.0RC1, so you do not need to get it separately. "

Anybody there who can give me any suggestions (note that I cannot compile)
I just installed the latest (rpm-based) versions, and the
codecs-extralite..rpm

TIA
Daniel
--