[MPlayer-users] ASF Playlist?

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sat Feb 21 05:05:12 CET 2004

> I hit the link NOS Journaal and our Mediascreen pops up, right after
> I allowed it to do so in Firebird. In the videoscreen I've got the
> nice blue words 'Mplayerplug-in' but no downloading or buffering.
> Well, at least not more then 2030 bytes or so :-(

http://cgi.omroep.nl/cgi-bin/streams?/tv/nos/journaal/bb.laatste.asf
is a playlist. The web server says it's video/x-ms-wmp. Whether this is
relevant or not, I don't know.

Trying to run mplayer cvs as of 12 hours ago with that URL as parameter
results in a signal 11, whoppee..

The .asf above is actually plaintext, and has the following link in it:
mms://streams6.omroep.nl/wm/tv/nos/journaal/bb.laatste.asf

Which seems to play, even without win32 binary codec packs.

I don't use mplayerplug-in, so I can't comment on that, but I suspect if
mplayer cvs isn't able to play that URL directly, then mplayerplug-in
will crash too. This crash might not be present in the version you are
using though.

> I tried to play the url directly with Mplayer, but then i've got the
> error message:
> "LMLM4 Stream Format not found"

Which is not relevant. It's just one demuxer out of many telling you
that the file isn't LMLM4, whatever that is. When quoting mplayer
output, it's best to quote the whole output, and not just parts of it.

What about trying to play the URL that the playlist .asf poitns to? does
that work for you?

I hope my reply is atleast slightly more helpful than the flames I
imagine some will fire off at you. Hope you have a good asbestos suit!
:)