[MPlayer-users] Teletext subtitles - MPsub -works

alvin.mpeg at ns.linux-1u.net alvin.mpeg at ns.linux-1u.net
Fri Feb 20 00:32:49 CET 2004

hi ya rich

the "-sub subitle.txt"  stuff works on MPlayer-1.0pre3
with linux-2.4.23-ow1 on Slackware-9.1.0 but fails on suse-8.2

- the previous mplayer crash was due to missing subfont.ttf
- i added a link for ~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf  file

- now mplayer overlays the text on top of the existing *.mpeg files...
  ( exactly what i want .. but now to make it work w/ suse-8.2

- more subtitle info ..
	http://www.Linux-Video.net/Samples/Mpeg.SubTitle.txt

 	file:/usr/local/src/MPlayer-1.0pre3/DOCS/HTML/en/subosd.html

thanx
alvin

- next step1 .. scrolling text messages.. but that's another trick
- next step2 .. split screen of mpeg movies into 2 different monitors