[MPlayer-users] mending vob files

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Feb 17 15:53:40 CET 2004

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:43:25PM +0200, hdp at webmail.co.za wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have four vob files, the first three of 1gb each, the last of about
> 500mb, of one movie, that I wish to make one long vob of.
>
> I tried cat *.vob | mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o movie.vob -
> but got this error about a 20 seconds or so into the copy:
>
> Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8241152 bytes).
> Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
> For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
>
> adding -ni didn't help
>
> If I just cat them together the image is fine, but sound is completely
> buggerd.
>
> What is the correct way of doing this?

This isn't "correct" but the way that will work is to cat them all
together TO A FILE first and then run mencoder on that file.

The correct way is not to rip separate vobs to begin with, but use
dvd:// to encode from dvd! This can work with dvds copied to harddrive
too, if you copied them in a sane way.

Rich