[MPlayer-users] Ripping DVD audio and using menu info

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Feb 15 02:40:16 CET 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 10:02:55PM +0000, Chris Phillips wrote:

> You'd do better not to rip it, instead dump it using a wav writer output
>
> mplayer dvd://1 -chapter 2 -ao pcm -aofile chapter_2.wav

I guess I'm using the incorrect terminology.  I'm was using this
command:

   mplayer -vc null -vo null -hardframedrop -ao pcm -aofile ch2.wav -chapter 2 dvd://1

> and if you want to automatie this, you could use something like my program
> http://acidrip.thirtythreeandathird.net/lsdvd.html to find how many
> chapters a given track has, and use that to loop a shell script o your own
> choosing.

Ah, right.  I installed that a few months back.  I also have chaplin.
Thanks.

I suppose the way to do it is write a Perl script to play a little of
each chapter and select which ones I want, then extract out the chapters
one-by-one.  One of those cases where a GUI would be handy.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org