[MPlayer-users] Re: Xvidix : Distortion of large images.

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Fri Feb 13 19:19:44 CET 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 12:09:35AM -0600, Anthony J. Ciani wrote:

> buffers, but no good.  It would be nice if other people with Mach 64 based
> chipsets would try this out.  Even if you don't have an 800 pixel wide
> movie, software scaling to 800 will do the trick.  "-vf scale=800:600"

There is a lot of hardware out there that can't cope with more
than 720x576 since it was designed to accelerate dvd playback and
you don't get them bigger than that ;-)
This is at least true for the neomagic in my Thinkpad 600's and for
the SIS630. Since mach64 is pretty ancient it probably will have some
similar restrictions.
--
Stefan Seyfried