[MPlayer-users] Xvidix : Distortion of large images.

Anthony J. Ciani aciani1 at uic.edu
Wed Feb 11 07:09:35 CET 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 13:05:59 CET 2004, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
>On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Anthony J. Ciani wrote:
>AJC>This seems to be a limitation in the current implementation of the
>AJC>xvidix (or vidix) device, or the hardware, although the driver
>
>If it is a bug, it exists only in Rage part of vidix, it doesn't present
>on my radeon with fglrx driver.
>
>Btw, how -vo xv works with such large resolutions on your system?

Well, xv (and sdl) gives the same behavior (I'm using ati.2, this
also happened with the generic XF86 ati driver).  Maybe this
is a hardware related thing.  It could also be due to things bumping
uglies in the video buffer.  I tried telling the X server to use 4M, but
it insists on taking all 8M.  I also tried disabling some of the Xaa
buffers, but no good.  It would be nice if other people with Mach 64 based
chipsets would try this out.  Even if you don't have an 800 pixel wide
movie, software scaling to 800 will do the trick.  "-vf scale=800:600"

              Anthony Ciani (aciani1 at uic.edu)
           Computational Condensed Matter Physics
   Department of Physics, University of Illinois, Chicago
              http://ciani.phy.uic.edu/~tony