[MPlayer-users] nvidia/cvidix "Can't find chip" -- NOVIRUS

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Feb 4 04:03:07 CET 2004

Sascha Sommer wrote:
>>I'm using the binary driver, version 1.0-5336.
>>
>>I've got to go to bed, so my next response won't be until this
>>afternoon.... :)
>>

> Try the nv driver. Otherwise it is to hard to
> find the necessary registers.
>

> Sascha

Ok, I'm using the nv driver right now, version 1.0.1 (with xfree86
4.2.1.1), after having previously used "nvidia" without rebooting.

xvidix seems to work fine, even after having previously used xv.

If I switch resolution on-the-fly, then use xvidix again, the overlay is
messed up a bit: the right half of the video is on the left, and the
left half is on the right.

What other information do you need?

Thanks,
Corey