[MPlayer-users] Fedora Core1, nvidia drivers, MPlayer on the console - no video, audio-O.K.

peter kostov peter at light-bg.com
Fri Dec 17 14:07:05 CET 2004

O.K. The files that I have in /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix are:
cyberblade_vid.so  mga_crtc2_vid.so  nvidia_vid.so  radeon_vid.so
sis_vid.so
mach64_vid.so      mga_vid.so        pm3_vid.so     rage128_vid.so

and I with -vo cvidix -nocolorkey file.avi as root nothing happend (only
audio)
On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 13:33, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> On Friday 17 December 2004 10:36, peter kostov wrote:
> > Hi, I have tried to play a movie on the console. That si not actually
> > nesesary for me, becouse I have graphical interface installed, but I am
> > a strange man who likes the console...
> >
> > There was no video.
> >
> > I attached 3 files:
> > report describes my system;
> > mplayer-console.log and mplayer-console.log2 are containing the
> > messages, that I recieved when starting MPlayer whith two different
> > commands, that are described there.
> > After that my home dir was full with hundereds (about 1GB) png files -
> > the frames of the video.
> >

> No wonder in your 2nd log it autoselected vo png which does exactly this.
> For using cvidix you have to be root or you have to install one of these
> direct hardware access helpers.
> Also check if the drivers are really in /usr/local/lib/mplayer/vidix.
> Then play your file with mplayer

> Sascha

Peter Kostov
Photography