[MPlayer-users] FF MMS Stream?

Randy Broman rbroman at bayarea.net
Wed Dec 15 17:23:26 CET 2004

I am using mplayerplug-in v2.70, MPlayer v1.0pre5, Firefox Version 1.0,
on RHEL 3.0 with 2.6.10-rc2 kernel. I wish to play archived audio files of
baseball games from this site:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/audio/gda/index.jsp.

I believe this site uses akamai and Windows Media Services (mms://) to
stream .wma windows audio files.

On a Windows XP box, I can play these files with Windows Media Player
10, including fast forwarding and/or positioning at any point in the
file. With the Linux setup above, I can play the files, but cannot fast
forward or move to an arbitrary point in the file. The browser/player
popup window shows start, pause and stop buttons, but no fast forward or
ability to position in the file.

Is there a way to play the files on Linux, including fast forwarding
and/or positioning at any point in the file?