[MPlayer-users] fullscreen scaling problems with high-res videos - bug?

Jack lt at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 11 03:06:47 CET 2004

Has anyone else encountered this trouble, or do I just have dumb video
cards?

I'm having some trouble watching videos in Mplayer with a resolution
higher than my screen resolution.  When I fullscreen such a video,
instead of scaling it down to fit the screen, it crops it to fit the
screen.  ...I don't want it cropped, I want it scaled (I imagine that's
what most people would want).  I've tried on two different machines with
-vo xv (s3 Savage-IX) and xvidix (Nvidia Riva of some sort).  I'm
running the latest mplayer CVS.

It works fine with -vo x11 and -zoom, but then it's too slow.

I'm running into this problem because to make TV-out work properly on my
Savage, I have to run at 640x480

-jack