[MPlayer-users] playlist file syntax

Jack lt at speakeasy.net
Thu Dec 9 20:05:53 CET 2004

Carl Karsten wrote:

> 3. A way to reference DVD's.  right now dvd://1 works, but it relies
> on the disk being in what mplayer sees as -dvd-device.  If I ever get
> that 10 terabyte HD and copy all my DVD's into subdirs, I am not sure
> there is a good way to reference foo/video_ts in a playlist.

I have an idea.  I can't imagine any filename that would start with
"/////", can you?  What if mplayer took playlist lines that start with
/////, and read them as options to be applied to the preceding file?  So
you could have a playlist like

foo.avi
dvd://1
///// dvd-device=/mnt/reki/fightclub aid=129
Radiohead - Creep.mpeg

or something.  I might use that.  Can't say I've had a need for it yet,
but I can see it being useful.

-jack