[MPlayer-users] FLAC problems

Jorik Jonker mplayer at boeventronie.net
Tue Dec 7 14:36:11 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm using flac for a while now, and happily discovered that mplayer
supports it. But, there is a little problem: mplayer doesn't seem to
cope with metadata stored in flac-files (such as a CUE-sheet); it evens
crashes (sig 11) on flac files containing a CUE-sheet (which is
perfectly legal).
I assume this is a bug in libavcodec, since this is the part where the
flac-file is decoded. Then I ask myself why isn't mplayer using libFLAC?
This seems to be _the_ library for flac-related tools and it's capable
of handling metadata.

regards,
--
Jorik Jonker