[MPlayer-users] XvMC problem

Jim Darby jim at jimbocorp.uklinux.net
Mon Aug 30 12:21:46 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 22:48, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> AFAIK, most nVidia cards can only support acceleration on the primary
> screen, so if your TV was the primary screen then you wouldn't be able
> to get acceleration on the secondary screen (your monitor.)  The only
> way around this is to fiddle with your X11 config to make your monitor
> the primary screen.

This seemed to be the case with the previous drivers (I've forgotten the
version number I'm afraid) but in this case mplayer just reported that
XvMC wasn't available. However, with the latest driver it appears that
XvMC is now available. That's what started this off.

There is still Something Odd happening. It would be nice to understand
what.
--
Jim Darby <jim at jimbocorp.uklinux.net>
The Jimbo Corporation