[MPlayer-users] Humax Digital 8000T Digital terestrial STB with 40GB HD

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 09:18:09 CEST 2004

On Thursday 26 August 2004 23:05, J. Grant wrote:
> Hello,

> Has anyone got any of the video off this STB and successfully played the
> files with MPlayer at all?

How were you planning to get the raw data out of it? Moving the hard disk to a
PC?

I can't say that appeals to me, nor does the obvious alternative of using the
RS232 port :) Unless of course I'm wrong and the device does have an Ethernet
port?

If you want to record digital TV under Linux, just get yourself a Nova-T DVB
card (about £55 now..) and head over to linuxtv.org ...

Cheers,
Gavin.