[MPlayer-users] vrc_eq=1 doesn't seem to have any effect

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Fri Aug 6 21:17:20 CEST 2004

> Now I have another question and fortunatelly you are exactly the guy to
> ask:
> I'd like to burn the resulting mpeg as VCD but vcdimager pads it by 100MB.
> I found the patch for '-mpegmuxopts vcdblocksize' you posted on the
> dev-list on July 17th but I noticed that it hasn't been included in cvs
> yet. Is there a reason for this? Is it save to use?

Well I received no comments on it, so I assume that nobody has had time to
review it yet, or alternatively, that it's so hopelessly broken that nobody is really
up to the challenge of flaming about every broken bit there is ;-)

I've sometimes seen the mencoder mpeg muxer do strange things which vcdimager
has produced warnings about, and the resulting file has had some minor (<100ms)
sound sync issues. Only happens on some files, though. If you're converting
framerates (might accidentally be doing that when encoding from .avi source, beware!),
-vf harddup is necessary and required for -of mpeg to not break sound sync.

But anyway, I feel the patch will not break anything not already broken, and
you can always leave out -mpegmuxopts vcdblocksize if you get errors, and
see if the errors are still there without the option... Try it.