[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] VFWEX (VP3/5/6) Crash

Martin Simmons vyslnqaaxytp at spammotel.com
Mon Aug 2 03:48:16 CEST 2004

>>>>> On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:41:08 -0700, rcooley <rcooley at spamcop.net> said:

  rc> Just updated my DLLs to include VP4...

  rc> 3) MPlayer does not select the VP4 dll over VP3 by default
  rc> 4) If I force it to use vp4vfw.dll, it crashes in the same way that
  rc> vp3 did.  Almost the same memory address as well.  If you'd like yet
  rc> another bug report using vp4vfw.dll instead of vp31vfw.dll, just ask and
  rc> I'll be happy to provide one.

Could be useful.

  rc> My mistake.  With _VP6_ I verified that it was crashing with the address
  rc> of the memory fixup in loader.c, I didn't verify it for vp3...  I assume
  rc> too much.  Very sorry to have misled you.

  rc> In any case, it IS still a problem that goes away if I compile MPlayer
  rc> with debugging enabled.

Yes, that's possible if the crash is like the one you posted (also the code in
module.c is for a different issue).  Posting gdb output from the vp6 crash
would be good.

  rc>                          If you'd like the verbose log of mplayer with
  rc> begugging enabled playing the file, I would be happy to provide that as
  rc> well.

I can't see any point in that.

__Martin