[MPlayer-users] bad header for large avi files?

* afe0108 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 22:02:42 CEST 2004

Hello, whenever I encode something that produces a large avi
file (not sure of the exact size yet, maybe >1G?) mencoder seems
to write an incorrect header.

I say that because when I try to merge it with audio:

    ogmmerge -o movie.ogm -A movie.avi -D audio.ogg

The resulting movie.ogm file is only about 900M instead of
1400M.  And when I run avitype on movie.avi it gives 2 warnings:

              <AVI reader> : Reading index from offset: 1071620284
              <AVI reader> : WARNING: stream header has incorrect dwLength
(222045 != 121586) <AVI reader> : Stream 0 vids : DIVX (0x58564944) 121586
chunks (474.95KB)       <AVI reader> : WARNING: stream header has incorrect
dwLength (518626304 != 284032000)
                            <AVI reader> : Stream 1 auds : AC3 DVM (0x2000)
10144 chunks (79.25KB)          ...

                                                                          In
other words, in this example ogmmerge will only merge 121586
chunks and the tail of the movie will be cut off.

I've tried encoding 3 different 2-CD movies and this occurs with
all of them, and doesn't occur with 1-CD sized movies.

If it helps, I'm using MEncoder 1.0pre5-3.3.3 with Gentoo.  Any
ideas?