[MPlayer-users] Subtitle also using http/url

Hendri Hondorp hendri at cs.utwente.nl
Wed Apr 28 13:07:37 CEST 2004

Nico Sabbi wrote:

| Hendri Hondorp wrote:
|
| >Hello,
| >
| >Is it possible to get the video file from the network using a URL
| >together with a subtitle file (also from the network?). Maybe
| >the URL need to be changed to (for example: http://server.com/movie.avi&sub=http://server.com/movie.smi).
| >

| maybe mplayer http://server.com/movie.avi -subfile  http://server.com/movie.smi -sub-demuxer 3
| I never tried, but it should work

Thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't work. With the 'sub-demuxer' option
it looks for a video stream instead of a subtitle stream type. The demuxer code
has no idea about subtitle types (they are located in main/subreader.h).
So I think some code is missing in the demuxer code. With this option
mplayer tries to open a DEMUXER_TYPE_AVI type (also value 3, the same #DEFINE-d value as SUB_SAMI in subreader.h).

Trace 1 can give more information about this.

Without the sub-demuxer option it tries a lot of video extensions but without
any success.
Trace 2 can give more information about this.

I hope someone can help to come any further.

Greetings,
	Hendri

PS: Because the trace-files are long I've put them in http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~hendri/trace1.txt and trace2.txt

--
\documentclass{mailmessage}          % Yes it's LaTeX, simple isn't it?
\usepackage{signature}