[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer && video && (at || cron)

Jason Stechschulte stech at ypisco.com
Wed Apr 14 01:28:37 CEST 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 01:16:18PM -0400, Jason Stechschulte wrote:
> at however, still does not work.

at is now working fine.  Just a stupid scripting issue on my part.
Unlike cron, at required an '&' at the end of the line for the movie to
continue playing after the script executed.  That is why it would start
then immediately end with no errors.

I'm just going to list the steps, so I know they are archived for when I
forget this!

1) Allow connections to the X session where user is the actual user
xhost +local:user@

2) Put the following in the script. Your value may differ(echo $DISPLAY)
export DISPLAY=:0.0

3) When using at, make sure to append an &
mplayer -fs -double /path/to/movie &

--
Jason Stechschulte
stech at ypisco.com

Push where it gives and scratch where it itches.