[MPlayer-users] DVD-DiVX player (YAMADA DVX-6000) - Sound corrupted

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Tue Apr 13 15:38:32 CEST 2004

Sorry. It may not be a subject for this list. My MPlayer/Encoding give very
good results (personal opinion) on my AMD-2000 PC with SuSE-8.2 Linux and the
last MPlayer-CVS.

There is something though I would like to solve or to understand.

If I start reading my avi files encoded with MPlayer/mencoder I have a very
nice image but a corrupted sound.

Now the problem does lie with MPlayer of course (I hope not) but with the
reader not having the appropriate codecs (or?). The .avi file encoded with? my
son gave me work perfectly well. The YAMADA reader only supports DiVX4-5 and
XVid-2.10 codecs.

Thus, just for trial, I made a test with:

$ mencoder dvd://N -ovc divx4 -divx4opts br=1400 -vf \
eq=10:5,crop=xxx.xxx.xx.xx,scale -zoom -xy 640 -oac mp3lame -lameopts \
cbr:br=128:mode=0:vol=3 -o movie.avi

Always the same problem although after many trials I manage to have image +
correct sound but with some indexation problem I think because I can not set
fast forward or fast backward and if I do so, the playing crashes.

Of course I supposed that while using the *obsolete* divx4 codec I would solve
the problem but it is not the case (I did the first trials with lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4...).

Is there something I must do to emulate perfectly the obsolete divx4 codec like
found on a Windows machine or did I miss something in the mencoder instruction
line? I am asking the question to people who have already some experience of
DVD/DiVX readers (like Martin Emrich or Nicolas). What parameters do they use
or avoid?

Thanks

--
Alain Barthélemy