[MPlayer-users] Mencoder WMV Conversion Problem

Marvin Pierce mpierce at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 2 09:41:09 CEST 2004

I have some small *.wmv files which I convert to *.avi files using the
command:

mencoder FILENAME.wmv -sws 2 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
-vop scale=320:240 -ofps 25 -o FILENAME.avi

This seems to work just fine with each individual file playing perfectly
with mplayer but...

When I join the files into one *.avi, file the sound is garbled. If I do
this under windows, no problem works perfectly but TMPenc is very slow
compared to mencoder and I do not want to use windows except when
editing some video clips for which tools do not exist under Linux.

Can someone tell me what my problem might be?