[MPlayer-users] Re: High buffer crashes DVD playback

Kara White sexykara_ at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 04:05:40 CEST 2004

>Looks like a hardware problem to me.
>Maybe your drive doesn't like two-layer disks or is faulty?

It shouldn't be.  When I play any DVD through mplayer with the default cache
size, it works fine, but can get choppy in fast-motion scenes.  Setting a
high buffer gives me smoother playback, but then crashes my system when the
disc changes layers.  I guess I just wanted to check to see if anyone else
had noticed the same problem, or if it was a bug they were actively trying
to correct.  I can imagine it being a simple case they didn't check: trying
to read too far on the DVD to fill the buffer, without properly switching
layers.  I'm a programmer myself, but have never worked with DVD access, so
I don't know if this _could_ actually be a problem, but that's just my
initial assumption.

No one else has noticed this?

Kara White