[MPlayer-users] Problem Encoding Solid Color Objects With LAVC MPEG4

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Sep 24 18:58:38 CEST 2003

Corey Hickey wrote:
> maybe an option you're using is messed up, or something, or I'm using
I thought of the same thing, but I tried shortening it down to just vhq
(or mbd=2) with bitrates as large as 1500, and still had the problem.

> something that happens to work around a problem. What lavcopts are you
> using? If you want to try mine, just for kicks, here they are.

Your lavcopts are very close to mine, except I went through trying
encoding with/without every single option.

It's basically a moot point thtough.  I uploaded a sample for the
developers, so they can take a look at the problem if they wish.  I,
OTOH, chose to solve the problem by swearing off the use of devel
versions of MPlayer.  I miss ivtc and pullup, but I can live without
them, and the time consumed by looking for, and dealing with bugs was
definately not worth it for me.