[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphic card for MPlayer

Greg Stark gsstark at mit.edu
Wed Sep 24 17:14:24 CEST 2003

rcooley <rcooley at spamcop.net> writes:

> There's a limit to how much checking can be done.  We really need a _good_
> hardware database that says, in-detail, what works, what doesn't, how often
> people have problems with it, etc.

That would be really cool.

I'm looking for a new graphics card myself. I want one that has tv-out and DRI
support from an open source driver. There is so much confusion over which
cards have good binary-only drivers, which ones have bad open-source drivers,
and which ones have no drivers at all.

I have a Matrox G450 now, but it doesn't have tv-out. Are the tv-out matrox
cards supported in XFree86?

Is there anything at all well supported by open-source XFree86 drivers with
TV-Out and DRI?

--
greg